- logo created by Independence High School Unitown Club
Be AWARE, we are all in this together!
- slogan created by Glendale High School Student Council
Glendale Union High School District continues to increase awareness and prevention of mental health issues and make ways to develop healthy practices to support students in school.
We are proud to announce that GUHSD is one of three Arizona school districts to receive a five-year grant to address mental health awareness. The grant, titled Project AWARE, is designed to:
- Build and support a sustainable infrastructure for a comprehensive school mental health system with established pathways to community-based support and services for school-aged youth and their families;
- Create sustainable engagement strategies with students, families, and community partners to promote mental health, wellbeing, and resilience by increasing community/student involvement in policy development and decision making; and
- Increase knowledge, skill, and ability of school staff, families, and the community to identify, respond to, and support students experiencing mental health and wellness needs.
Mental Health Agencies
Spectrum Healthcare Group
Horizon Health and Wellness
Jewish Family & Children's Services
Open Hearts Family Wellness
Southwest Behavioral Health Services
Valle Del Sol