Minimum Technology Requirements (Canvas)
Supported Browsers (Check your browser here: Canvas Browser Guide
- Chrome 103 and 104
- Firefox 103 and 104 (Extended Releases are not supported*)
- Edge 103 and 104
- Respondus Lockdown Browser (supporting the latest system requirements)
- Safari 14 and 15 (Macintosh only)
Computer Speed and Processor
- Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible
- 1GB of RAM
- Along with compatibility and web standards, Canvas has been carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments.
- Minimum of 512kbps
Canvas is best viewed at a minimum of 800x600, which is the average size of a notebook computer. If you want to view Canvas on a device with a smaller screen, we recommend using the Canvas mobile app.
- Canvas only requires an operating system that can run the latest compatible web browsers. Your computer operating system should be kept up to date with the latest recommended security updates and upgrades.
Mobile Operating System Native App Support
- iOS 14.0 and newer (versions vary by device)
- Android 8.0 and newer (Note: These do not allow students to run the Lockdown browser required for tests and quizzes.)
GUHSD Online Learning Academy classes have been built using a premier learning management system called Canvas by Instructure. This learning management system has been used by more than 300 colleges, universities and school districts, including the Maricopa County Community College District. Canvas is easy to use, mobile-friendly, and dependable.